Attach a document to a Word Form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello VBA community,

I have a .docm file that is protected so that users can only change the text controls. I have been asked to create a link where the user could attach a document like .docx or .xlsx to the form. Is it possible?? I have been researching all morning, and I have not been able to find anything that correspond to my needs.

Sincerely,

Anooka
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:58 PM

All replies

• Nobody?
    Sincerely,

Anooka
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Attach the document how? Attachments relate more to e-mail messages than documents. What exactly are you trying to achieve in respect of the 'attached' document?

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:43 AM
  • This may be impossible, but you got the right idea. I built a document form in Word, but because this will be shared on Sharepoint, there needs to be an easy way to "attach" (just like you have in an email) another document to that word file. Is it doable? Do you suggest a better idea?
    Sincerely,

Anooka
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:39 PM
  • I regret I know nothing about Sharepoint. How about uploading the second document and hyperlinking it from the first?

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:18 PM
  • That is a suggestion; however, the idea was to be able to keep documents together and not have a plethora of documents lying around ... Each Word are supposed to represent big cities in the US, so the count of documents will be high once all is set. So, if we had a way to regroup those aside from creating folders that would be nice ...
    Sincerely,

Anooka
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:22 PM