none
how to join to lists into one using LINQ RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have following tables :

Table 1                                                Table 2

Post(column) Post(column) mailId(column)

DM DM raj@domain.com

SP SDM ra@domain.com

SDM

PM

DSP

DCP

I want a resultant table like this :

Table(Final Result)

Post  mailId

DM raj@domain.com

SDM ra@domain.com

SP

PM

DSP

DCP

I want  to achieve this using LINQ kindly help.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Ind_Alchemist;

There is a Linq to SharePoint provider which makes working with SharePoint easier and I would use that in place of using Linq to Object. Please see the two links below.

LINQ to SharePoint

Using LINQ to SharePoint

In order to be of more help please identify what columns are in each table and there data types and what you want the result to look like.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Ind_Alchemist;

In what type of environment is this Linq query to operate in Linq to Entity Framework, Linq to SQL, Linq to DataSet or something else?

It is hard to tell from the post what columns are in each table. Can you clearly show that please.

Thanks

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Linq to Object (for SharePoint)
    Friday, May 25, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Hi Ind_Alchemist;

There is a Linq to SharePoint provider which makes working with SharePoint easier and I would use that in place of using Linq to Object. Please see the two links below.

LINQ to SharePoint

Using LINQ to SharePoint

In order to be of more help please identify what columns are in each table and there data types and what you want the result to look like.

Fernando (MCSD)

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:22 PM