none
Verify Kinect Depth and color streams fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I used Kinect v2 configuration verifier, i got below:

1. USB controller: Unknown USB 3.0 port detected. Your USB configuration may support Kinect for Windows.

2. Verify Kinect depth and color streams: No depth frames received from kinect

I'm using Lenovo E560 Laptop, does it mean my laptop is not okay for the kinect v2?

Please someone give me some suggestions! thank you so much

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:50 AM

All replies

• In Laptops there are usually Power Management issues. Check the stickied troubleshooting thread first and in case you don't work it out, tell us.
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:32 AM
  • I have the same Problem as sesamiapple, but the Troubleshooting thread didnt help me
    Saturday, November 25, 2017 8:39 AM
  • Unfortunately, compatibility is a difficult issue with Kinect v2. Verifier rarely flags a USB controller as passing. Most times it's unsure.

The reason why you might not be getting frames might be one of many. Might be because there's not enough power going to the Kinect, or your USB controller has more power hungry or bandwidth hungry devices apart from Kinect stealing resources from it. Might be power settings reducing performance for energy reasons, might be GPU being to weak to hold the processing for the raw frames(Happened to use a Quadro 600 the other day which is toooo weak for it even for a DX11 compatible card,another weak documentation point in the specifications**). In case of Laptops, where Optimus features, you have to check the data go to the high powered GPU instead of the onboard one(covered in the troubleshooting thread). Sometimes when you install the SDK first time and see that Kinect is recognized and go to the Verifier and it shows no frames, all it takes is a restart.

There's no sure fire way to know which it is.

** Some cards might hold up for applications using light streams but if you need the full package like 6 bodies full tracking and color and depth and body index etc and it's going to be an expo with lots of people crowding the field of view, then those cards will probably fail. You'll see lags every now and then. But the specifications only note DX11 compatible cards. Depends on the use case.

Saturday, November 25, 2017 10:21 AM
  • In my case I had to hook the Kinect up to an Xbox One first.

When I first plugged it into my PC, I got nothing.  Then I connected it to an Xbox One, and ran through the calibration steps with it.

After that I plugged it back into my PC and it worked!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:22 PM