Snippets - Is there a db that tells what snippets do? RRS feed

• Question

• There are so many snippets provided by Microsoft that it is difficult to know whether there is a snippet already written that does what you want or not.  It has occured to me that it would be helpful if there was some sort of database or list of the snippets with a description of what each snippet does.

Is there such a list or database?  If so, where is it and how may I access it?

Thank You
    Thursday, September 22, 2005 5:30 PM

Answers

• They are stored as XML and if remeber correctly you can set local snippets in your vs05 profile or via the TFS (Not sure about the TFS) and you can also add the description for the snippet.

Forgot to add, there is also a snippet manager in the IDE Tools -> Code snippet manager. So you can add say from your network or even search online for snippets.

Hope that helps
    Monday, September 26, 2005 12:11 PM

All replies

• Tools...Code Snippet Manager...

Josh
    Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:26 PM
  • They are stored as XML and if remeber correctly you can set local snippets in your vs05 profile or via the TFS (Not sure about the TFS) and you can also add the description for the snippet.

Forgot to add, there is also a snippet manager in the IDE Tools -> Code snippet manager. So you can add say from your network or even search online for snippets.

Hope that helps
    Monday, September 26, 2005 12:11 PM
  • What is the TFS?
    Monday, September 26, 2005 1:49 PM
  • Team Foundation Server. Snippets are more of a VS 2005 IDE feature rather than a TFS feature. I'm pretty sure they are not part of the TFS db structure.
    Monday, September 26, 2005 4:33 PM