Bug with SharePoint 2010 SP1 CU Dec 2012 version history? RRS feed

• Question

• I am on December 2012 CU with SharePoint SP1 Enterprise Edition  and I wonder if there's a bug with the software, not the CU per say, at all, but with maybe Designer or SharePoint, or both.

Looking at the version of the file, by right clicking on it, version history gives error message.  Logged on as the farm account to see if it was a permission issue.  Other aspx files in here had no problem.  No Fine Grained Permissions on these.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:43 PM

Answers

• If you make a copy of it, the version history won't exist on the copy (because it is a new file afterall).  Can you see the version history via the SharePoint UI?

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:09 PM

All replies

• I'm able to see the version history with the Dec 2012 CU applied.  Designer 32bit is 14.0.6129.5000 (October 2012 patch).

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:09 PM
  • I noticed that that file was having a problem.  Odd that that file works OK but the version history provides an error.  There is another ASPX file and the version history worked.  I think I was incorrect in trying to indicate that it might be a CU issue.  For me, I was trying to state the version that I was on.  I should not have stated "THIS IS WRONG FIX IT" :) type of thing.  Just wanted people to know "hey get to the latest version and this will be fixed" type of thing :)

Is there a way to try to fix this file or check for corruption?  Can I try to copy the file in SharePoint Designer and see if the version history will appear?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:22 PM
  • If you make a copy of it, the version history won't exist on the copy (because it is a new file afterall).  Can you see the version history via the SharePoint UI?

-----------------------

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:09 PM