Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057

Question

• Clean install - advanced options - deleted all partitions

Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
    DOWNLOAD (3.6 GB)
    Sha 1 hash – 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9
    Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 64-bit PC.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 8:49 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I’ve been researching the error you are receiving and it appears there are a few possible solutions to this error.

The common solutions appear to be:

Change the settings in the BIOS for the Hard Drive controller to IDE mode

Insert the drive into another machine, remove any existing partitions – recreate the partitions, format the drive then replace the machine in laptop

Use a prior version DVD (Windows 7, Widows Vista etc…) again delete the partitions, let the install create and format the partitions then abort the install and then start the install for the Windows Developer Preview.

Below are some threads I found on the OCZ site that might be of some assistance:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Michael

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:23 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Clean install - advanced options - deleted all partitions

Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
    DOWNLOAD (3.6 GB)
    Sha 1 hash – 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9
    Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 64-bit PC.

Additional info:

Toshiba Satellite C655-S5212

all stock except hard drive - OCZ SSD 100gig

Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:07 PM
  • Hello,

I’ve been researching the error you are receiving and it appears there are a few possible solutions to this error.

The common solutions appear to be:

Change the settings in the BIOS for the Hard Drive controller to IDE mode

Insert the drive into another machine, remove any existing partitions – recreate the partitions, format the drive then replace the machine in laptop

Use a prior version DVD (Windows 7, Widows Vista etc…) again delete the partitions, let the install create and format the partitions then abort the install and then start the install for the Windows Developer Preview.

Below are some threads I found on the OCZ site that might be of some assistance:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Michael

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:23 PM
    Owner