Visual Studio 2015 Debugger Issues RRS feed

• Question

• In older versions of Visual Studio, I could single step through a program and the debugger would step over lines that were not my code (I have Just My Code enabled just like in previous versions). Now, when I encounter a statement such as like 

db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase("MyDatabase"),

the debugger throws an error saying that the file EnterpriseLibraryContainer.cs is not found. The older versions of Visual Studio would just execute the line and step over it.

Is there a setting that I need to change to get VS to perform as it previously did?

Ray Pietrzak

Friday, April 22, 2016 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi rspiet,

>>In older versions of Visual Studio, I could single step through a program and the debugger...

As you said that it worked well in old VS version, if so, which VS version did you use before? Do you have the old VS version now?

Before we merge an old project to the high VS version, I think we have to make sure that whether it really supports it, I mean that maybe it has the compatibility issue.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

>>the debugger throws an error saying that the file EnterpriseLibraryContainer.cs is not found.

Is the project related to the Enterprise Library ? As far as I know, it has the Enterprise Library 6.0 for VS2013 and VS2016 now.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/EnterpriseLibrary.Logging/

Maybe you could check that whether you forget to install certain packages in your side, or it has the hign version than the old VS version.

If still no help, since this forum is to discuss the VS debugger tool, we just could get the error or the link which generated the error, to really resolve the error, I think you would discuss with the developing forum members, maybe you could share us a simple project, I will test it in my side, or you could tell the real project type, I will provide you a more appropriate forum.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 5:53 AM