none
system.data.dataSetExtensions Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have just installed the visual studio 2008 Pro 90 day trial (on a new computer never having the Beta installed) after using the Beta 2(on a different computer) for the last several projects. I have a  project that can't load the system.data.dataSetExtensions 2.0.(from the Beta I assume) but the VS 2008 Pro trial has a version 3.5 of this file how can I change my application to use that instead. AS it is I cannot load any datasources for the project or view the design phase of the form. Here is the error

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I can opnly find the 3.5 version.

Thansk Jon Stroh

Monday, December 3, 2007 2:27 AM

All replies

• Well Dom it wasn't quite as simple as that for me because i had changed the referance in the solution explorer several times. Exactly what I did was copied the old system.data.dataSetExtensions.dll to the new computer then added it as a referance and the form functioned again. Then I added a new referance path in the properties page of the application pointing to the new dll in the

C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll and then my application ran fine with the new assembly. I am not sure but maybe if you just add the new path it might fix it. Hope this might help someone else..

Thanks Dom for poining me in the right direction!!

Thanks Jon

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 8:04 AM