none
How to host "app for office " . Task pane word app RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi ,

I need to publish my app for office . But I am unable to figure out a suitable option for hosting the app. The windows azure trial account gets expired after 30 days. Can someone suggest me how to publish and host my app for office free of cost. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Divya

Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

With the new cloud app model for Office, you now have a choice on where to host your apps for Office: On-premises or On-line. In blog Using Windows Azure to host Apps for Office and SharePoint, the author shared with us why we should consider using Windows Azure as a platform for building apps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 2, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Have a look at this video and learn about different deployment options available for apps.
    1)You can use either Office 365 deployment option(microsoft app store)

2)You can deploy on your own sharepoint server for organization use

3)Use file share to deploy

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/office/dn448488

Monday, December 9, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Hi Jeffery,

I tried the windows azure option but the free trial account will expire in 1 month. I wanted to know if there is any option which is free of cost for hosting my application . I am not going to collect any revenue from my application .That is why I need to free hosting option even more . Secondly I am also a MS FTE . Is there any offer for the FTEs that I can use to host my application on azure

Thanks,

Divya

Monday, December 9, 2013 6:57 PM