Current subscription question RRS feed

• Question

• User250 posted

Hi,

I have a question regarding the new Xamarin 2.0 subscriptions. Back in June, we purchased an enterprise subscription to both IOS and Android. Shouldn't I have been grandfathered into the enterprise level instead of the business level? Also, the enterprise level talks about $500 in pre-built components, but I can't seem to find out what those components are. Anyone have answers?

Thanks and congratulations on all the new things going on.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:54 PM

All replies

• User48 posted

Shouldn't I have been grandfathered into the enterprise level instead of the business level?

See the Xamarin 2.0 Features and Pricing FAQ:

I purchased MonoTouch Enterprise or Mono for Android Enterprise. What do I have now?
    MonoTouch Enterprise and Mono for Android customers with active subscriptions now have Xamarin.iOS Business or Xamarin.Android Business

Enterprise customers are now Business customers. Enterprise Priority customers are now Enterprise customers.

the enterprise level talks about $500 in pre-built components, but I can't seem to find out what those components are.

You can browse them at components.xamarin.com. Within Xamarin Studio and Visual Studio, within the Solutions pane you can right-click the Components folder > Edit Components, and add components to your project from there.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:03 PM
  • User250 posted

Thanks Jonathan. I guess I missed the FAQ with all the new stuff. However, looking at the product comparison chart, it makes it look like the enterprise version gets $500 worth of premium components free with the subscription. I was wondering just what components they are. I'm trying to justify the additional cost to my manager. If I could show him that these x components are free and useful, he will be more accepting of the additional expenditure.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:44 PM
  • User48 posted

I was wondering just what components they are.

Please peruse through the components. :-)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:07 PM
  • User730 posted

@jonp this still isn't clear (at least to me). I am not an Enterprise customer but I am wondering. For Enterprise customers, is their a specific set of components or do they get to pick $500 work of their own choosing?

As I come to understand the new stuff and how Xamarin is treating existing subscribers it is one big pile of Awesome!

Friday, February 22, 2013 11:32 AM
  • User39 posted

@GlennWilson: you get to choose the components. It's basically a 500$ gift card you can use in the component store.

This is wrong, only some of the components will be available. More information on exactly which components will be given soon.

Friday, February 22, 2013 11:58 AM
  • User250 posted

Ah! Now that makes more sense. That helps to seal the deal. You might want to change the text of the description for that feature to read $500 of components of your choice or something to that effect.

By the way, you really have made things easier for mobile development. I originally bought my subscription when you were part of Novell. 3 months later, all the turmoil there started. I thought I made a big mistake. Am I glad I held on and rode out the storm. It's the best thing that could have happened to you. You guys will be going a long long way!

Friday, February 22, 2013 2:16 PM
  • User39 posted

@KenLavigne: I'm sorry, but I was wrong, only some of the components will be available to buy for the 500$. More information on exactly which components will be given in a few days.

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:45 PM
  • User8 posted

Here is the current list of Enterprise components: SQLCipher, Signature Pad, Lock Screen, Black Leather Theme, Brown Leather Theme, and Industrial Theme.

Stay tuned – we will be adding more.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 1:31 AM
  • User250 posted

ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:23 PM