It's About some prob. which i face in windows 8

Question

• first of all i congrats to all Microsoft team and builders of windows 8 . you all are done a great job, your windows 8 is great, fully loaded with gadgets.

but i got some problems.....

first is with internet explorer. when i connect my pc with my mobile for internet access or using a low speed modem, your internet explorer can't open the pages but other softwares like windows live messenger and all are working properly.

second thing is that the media player of windows 8 don't have dolby digital sound equaliser.

third point is that some times when i open "my computer" windows . it takes more time to show the contents.

windows 8 don't have media center . your media center of windows 7 is very nice give it atleast in your new OS.

max. software getting prob. with it's compatibility issue . if i purchased any software earlier how i use it on windows 8?.

i know my English is not good, but i just want to know how i resolve these problems. 

thanks.  

• Edited by Pankaj Sir Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:03 PM
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:23 PM Windows 8 Dev Preview Question (From:MSDN Subscriptions Feedback)
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hey Pankaj Sir,

Let's take a look at your problem with Internet Explorer. For the other problems listed above, please create new threads to discuss the additional topics.

Try using the desktop version of Internet Explorer to diagnose why it cannot connect to your Internet connection. You can do this by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Click Desktop
    • Open Internet Explorer
    • Try to navigate to any Internet address
    • Click the Diagnose Connection Problems button in the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error page

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Since it is pre-Beta version , issue with my computer is expected and as you said it is sometimes, then you might consider try run action center and run maintanance task and also update your Windows. Media Center is not avaliable in this release since it is pre-Beta but most likely would be avaliable in future release . About compatibility issue, you still have compatiblity troubleshooter, that if you right click on application and chose troubleshoot compatiblity issue and in addition, majority of application that been using in Windows 7 would be compatible with Windows 8 and during development process more application will add, if you have any compatiblity issue please follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshoot-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8-developer-preview.aspx

And if it didn't work, create new question and give us detail of software, version, manufacturer and if errors , if you get any.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hey Pankaj Sir,

Let's take a look at your problem with Internet Explorer. For the other problems listed above, please create new threads to discuss the additional topics.

Try using the desktop version of Internet Explorer to diagnose why it cannot connect to your Internet connection. You can do this by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Click Desktop
    • Open Internet Explorer
    • Try to navigate to any Internet address
    • Click the Diagnose Connection Problems button in the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error page

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Since it is pre-Beta version , issue with my computer is expected and as you said it is sometimes, then you might consider try run action center and run maintanance task and also update your Windows. Media Center is not avaliable in this release since it is pre-Beta but most likely would be avaliable in future release . About compatibility issue, you still have compatiblity troubleshooter, that if you right click on application and chose troubleshoot compatiblity issue and in addition, majority of application that been using in Windows 7 would be compatible with Windows 8 and during development process more application will add, if you have any compatiblity issue please follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshoot-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8-developer-preview.aspx

And if it didn't work, create new question and give us detail of software, version, manufacturer and if errors , if you get any.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:56 AM