SQL Service Broker Dynamic Message Routing RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a SQL Service Broker application and I am trying to determine the best design to use.  I am trying to decide if it is better to use a centralized message forwarding service ( or a dynamic routing service) to distribute the messages to the correct target SSB service.  I am intending to have a different SQL databases that contain data for different clients.  Each database will have a service that can accept these messages, however any given message would only be relevant to one of the database. 

So my question is would it be better to put the logic for deciding which client SSB service to foward the message through and funnel all message through that service?  Or would it be better to have my WCF Web Service look at the message contents and determine what client SSB service to submit the message to?

What is the best practice with SSB and distributed handling of messages?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

theregit - MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS: Web
    Friday, June 4, 2010 9:03 PM

Answers

• I wanted to let everyone know that I purchased the book Pro SQL Server 2008 Service Broker from Apress. (http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Server-2008-Service-Broker/dp/1590599993)  Reading through this book was like reading a blueprint for what I wanted to accomplish.  I highly recommend it. 

After reading through the Distributed application section I decided that Data-Driven Message Redirection is the solution I was looking for.  It allows the destination of the message to be determined by the content of the message, which is exactly what I wanted.

Hopefully this helps someone.

theregit - MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS: Web
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:06 PM