which is best for make authentication securiity identity framework or using ado.net ? RRS feed

• Question

• User696604810 posted

Problem

which is best for make authentication security using ado.net  or using identity user JWT Security ?

I work on big team working on doing ERP web system using asp.net core 2.1 .

we using Ado.net classes and function and we dont use Entity framework Core 2

we need to to make security to our system but we dont know doing it by

ado.net or identity framework ?

my function needs to done

login

register

forget password

logout

send email 

send sms

I not aware  of identity framework  security so that are using identity framework for security is good practice or using ado.net ?

I ask this question because i dont need after i start on jwt identity framework security discover some feature not exist or some thing stopped me

so that in my case i will remove it and using another option ado.net .

so that what i do 

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:19 AM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

JWT is an alternative to using a cookie to pass the credential tokens. It is typically used for webapi calls, and not supported by browser pages. JWT tokens can be used with any identity system. 

asp.net core identity uses entity framework and razor pages to implement the identity system. It is generally more secure and complete than any home written systems. You don't have to use EF for other parts of the system, and the identity tables can be accessed by ado.net. EF uses ado.net under the covers, so even if you use core identity use are using ado.net.

if you have an existing oauth identity server for your ERP system (common with ERP systems), then you can configure .net core identity to use it.

Your question leads to believe you are not a identity security expert, and you should not attempt to write your own just to avoid having the EF library in your project.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:51 AM
  • User696604810 posted

thank you for reply

what about if more users make login on same time using identity   ?

if i need to send email after login are this possible ?

How many users allow to work on same time ?

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:23 AM
  • User475983607 posted

ahmedbarbary

what about if more users make login on same time using identity   ?

You'll find multiple user accounts in the Identity store. 

ahmedbarbary

if i need to send email after login are this possible ?

Should not be a problem if you have an SMTP or email service.  Just write code to send the email.  Sending email is very simple and well documented.

ahmedbarbary

How many users allow to work on same time ?

You might as well ask, "How long is the string?".  Concurrency and throughput depends on your systems architecture.  But a decently designed application on a single web server should be able to handler 1000s of users.  How many users do you support now?  

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:35 AM