How to render HTML in Silverlight popup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone ...........!

Hope you will be fine.....................

How to render HTML in silverlight popup  ............

Scenario:

we want to send parameter that is HTML string to silverlight popup ....................................

then this popup should render this HTML ...........................How is possible ............

This silverlight popup calls from asp.net code .......................

I successfully send parameter(HTML) from asp.net code to silverlight ..............but 

it displays that HTML not render HTML  

waiting your reply 

Thankz in Advance 

Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:27 AM

Answers

• Silverlight can't render HTML, but there are some 3rd Party Controls out there that can do this. Or you overlay an IFrame with the HTML content.
    But I would go with Silverlight 4 and use the RichTextArea to show formatted Rich Text. If elevated trust and Out Of Browser is an Option for you, you can also use Silverlight 4's HTMLHostControl to present a HTML site. Similar to the IFrame approach but it doesn't need the windowless Mode.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:38 AM
  • http://www.divelements.co.uk/silverlight/tools.aspx

You might not get this working inside a popup, but you can try.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:14 AM

All replies

• Silverlight can't render HTML, but there are some 3rd Party Controls out there that can do this. Or you overlay an IFrame with the HTML content.
    But I would go with Silverlight 4 and use the RichTextArea to show formatted Rich Text. If elevated trust and Out Of Browser is an Option for you, you can also use Silverlight 4's HTMLHostControl to present a HTML site. Similar to the IFrame approach but it doesn't need the windowless Mode.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:38 AM
  • First of all thankz for your reply

Can you tell me 3rd party control that is free available for silverlight 3

Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:54 AM
  • http://www.divelements.co.uk/silverlight/tools.aspx

You might not get this working inside a popup, but you can try.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:14 AM
  • How can we use richtext box. It is not rendering as html. It is coming as text. It is not recognizing html tags.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 4:20 PM
  • That would be because the RichTextBox control is not for displaying HTML.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:22 PM