none
Help needed -- Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I don't appear to have the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.dll, and I can't find this in the bin folder of the installation directory of Eneterprise library.  There is a configuration.design.dll but I'm not sure if this is the same thing, nor needed.

I'm not able to find the DBCommandWrapper object.  I wonder if it's just called something different in this version? What could be the issue that the dll is not in the installation folder of Enterprise library. I am using Microsoft Enterprise Library January 2006 for .net 2.0

thanks in advance
    Arun
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• The Enterprise Library is one of those items you must install in your C drive if you install it any other drive you cannot use it, trust me I tried in my D drive before installing it in my C drive.  If you installed it in your C drive you should see it in your components in VS2005/8.  You could also post at the Enterprise library new home at Code project and I will move you to the Data Provider forum.

http://www.codeplex.com/entlib/Thread/List.aspx

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:19 PM
  • Hi Caddre,

I have registered in codeplx... Since i cant access my personal id from office, i cant activate it rite now... May be i can do it in another 2 hours time

I have installed the enterprise library in default location i.e, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007 only
    Still its not working. I tried reinstalling also...

Thanks 4 ur support
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:27 PM
  • You also need to add it in VS2005/8 add reference if this is a web application you need to give Asp.net or the network service account permissions in the folder.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:01 PM
  • Mine is a 3 tier app... I am having DAL as a class library... Inorder to add a reference to above said dll i dont find it in the bin of installed folder. I reinstalled the library also... But of no use...
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:28 PM
  • The Enterprise Library is not supposed to be in your DAL but I have found two solutions including a tool you can use to generate Enterprise Library code.  These should solve your problem and please go close all the threads you created or delete them.

http://codebetter.com/blogs/david.hayden/archive/2006/03/16/141105.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/t/1128559.aspx

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 6:16 PM
  • Hi ,

I am using Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007 and i have installed it in my c drive only.

But in the bin folder i can not find the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Coonfiguration dll at all.

I cound not finsd so many thins like i can not find the IAuthenticationProvider interface.

That's why i can not even create an custom AuthenticationProvider. IAuthorizationProvider is availble but  IAuthenticationProvider is not there.

Plz help me out

Thanks in advance.

Friday, August 22, 2008 11:16 AM