Problem with connecting to MySql RRS feed

• Question

• User-234026806 posted

Hi There;

I am learning how to establish a connection to mysql in c#. Here are my codes :

protected void connect(Object Sender, CommandEventArgs arguman)
        {
            try
            {

MySqlConnection connection; // bağlantı nesmenizi tanımladık

string connString;

MySqlConnectionStringBuilder builder = new MySqlConnectionStringBuilder(); //" MySqlConnectionStringBuilder" bize bağlantı kurmamızı kolaylaştıran yapı

builder.UserID = "root";

builder.Password = "123456";

builder.Database = "connectcsharptomysql";

builder.Server = "localhost";

connString = builder.ToString();

connection = new MySqlConnection(connString);

connection.Open();

Response.Write("Connection is successfull.");

connection.Close();

}

catch (Exception ex)
            {

Response.Write("Can not connected.");
                Response.Write(ex.Message);

}

When I run this code : I catched this error: "Keyword not supported. Parameter name: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder"
     any ideas?

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:46 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted
     connString = builder.ConnectionString();

http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/Devart.Data.MySql~Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.html
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:13 AM
  • User-234026806 posted

I've changed the relevant line as such: "connString = builder.ConnectionString()" but this time I've got the error: 

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS1955: Non-invocable member 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.DbConnectionStringBuilder.ConnectionString' cannot be used like a method.

http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/Devart.Data.MySql~Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.html , in this source, I 've copy/paste the code exactly as written, but at that time, I've got this error: 

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder' does not contain a definition for 'Host' and no extension method 'Host' accepting a first argument of type 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I ferret in web to connect a MySQL database in C#.I am a Java programmer and it is hard to imagine why such a  sample and simple codes do not work in order to perform a basic MySQL connection.  and I appreciate my instructor not to choose .NET and C#.  

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:59 AM
  • User197322208 posted

I've changed the relevant line as such: "connString = builder.ConnectionString()" 

I 've copy/paste the code exactly as written,

Sorry , you do not copy/paste exactly

At

http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/Devart.Data.MySql~Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder.html , it is:

myCSB.ConnectionString

It is not a function, it is a property! Remove () :

connString = builder.ConnectionString;

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 6:06 PM
  • User-234026806 posted

I've made the changes as you pointed out, but nothing has changed.

I've changed my database to POSTGRESQL and the code that I found was worked. 

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/30989/Using-PostgreSQL-in-your-C-NET-application-An-intr

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:04 AM