"The data you are editing has been updated by another transaction" RRS feed

• Question

• We get the follow error:

"The data you are editing has been updated by another transaction"

We have refreshed the entity with "entity.details.refresh()" after saving, but the error comes again.

In the trace.axd we can see, that is the equal entity with concurreny exception.

Has everyboy an idea.

Friday, February 21, 2014 11:18 AM

All replies

• I have seen this error occur when using an external database with datetime fields.  The solution is to change the sql data type to datetime2(7).  Also, I have seen this in the Silverlight client if the URL is typed incorrectly.  The URL is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as listed in the publish settings.  Other things can cause this behavior too, but those are the most common causes in my experience.  HTH.
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, February 28, 2014 2:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by J.Nord Friday, February 28, 2014 3:47 PM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 2:15 PM
  • No, this is not a solution for us.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 3:48 PM
  • You will need to give lots more details as without reproducing this it is impossible to see what is happening.

I'm guessing HTML, is it VS2013, datasource details etc..

Can you repro in a simple project with 1 or 2 screens to share details?

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Friday, February 28, 2014 4:17 PM
  • Are you doing any processing at all in the Inserting, Updating, Inserted, Updated methods?  Are you doing something other than validation in a validation method (like assigning values)?  As Dave suggested, we could guess all day, but won't really know anything without seeing code or details.
    • Edited by Hessc Saturday, March 1, 2014 5:38 PM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 5:37 PM