[UWP][C#]: Unable to see reference added via .vsix RRS feed

• Question

• I have a C# app targeting Windows-10 desktop. The app uses our SDK(.dll) which is packaged into .vsix. I install this .vsix, so that VS-2015 can reference my SDK. Once i install it, I can see it in

Tools->Extensions and Updates

When I try to add it as a Reference to my app, VS doesnt seem to find it.

right-click on References->Add References->Universal Windows->Extensions

I do not see it under Extensions 
    This used to work flawlessly earlier. Yesterday while running my app, I went to

right click on References -> Add References -> Universal Windows -> Recent

right click & Clear Recent References 
    Unfortunately, once I cleared Recent References, VS-2015, doesnt show my reference in the list at all & I am not able to add this reference. 
    I am not sure how to fix this. I restarted VS, but it didnt help. I thought maybe some old values are persisting somewhere in the registry & restarted my machine. As it turns out it didnt help either

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi ganeshskudva,

Thank you for your post. How did you add your SDK to visual studio extensions? We suggest you manage and share your SDK using NuGet which is the package manager for the Microsoft development platform. You could upload your SDK to NuGet and  get it from Visual Studio NuGet client tool.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 4, 2016 8:25 AM
  • Hi Li Wang, 

Thanks for your response. We have music recognition/recommendation lib(.dll) which we call SDK. We package this SDK as a .vsix extension & give it to our customers who pay for our software. Our customers use the .vsix to install our SDK & develop apps using it. 

I guess, since our SDK is not free, I cannot share it using NuGet package manager. This is the reason why we only give it to our paying customers :)

As mentioned, all this was working perfectly fine. Couple days ago I did a Clear Recent References and after that I started seeing the issue. 

Even now I can see our SDK listed under Tools -> Extensions and Updates, which means it is installed but I cannot add it as reference to my app.

Both restarting VS & my machine doesnt seem to solve my problem.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 12:52 AM