none
Communication between Micro services in the same Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Cluster - Azure Service Bus or Direct REST calls RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to design communication between Micro services which are deployed in the same Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster. I can make direct REST call between Micro services or I can use a Azure Service Bus and implement event publish and subscribe model to communicate between Micro services. While direct synchronous call approach is not recommended for Micro service to Micro service communication, at the same time use of Azure Service Bus for communication can hit performance as it is a Cloud service outside AKS.I know we can use KubemQ or RabbitMQ as container with IaaS deployment but I think that cannot be done with AKS.

Which will be the recommended approach for Microservice to Microservice communication deployed inside the same AKS cluster?

Will there be any performance issue with Azure Service Bus when used to communicate between Micrro services in the same AKS cluster?

Is there any POC reference which can show the performnace difference between the approaches?
    Saturday, October 31, 2020 3:46 PM