none
Clean-out .NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

on my Win 7 SP1 64bit Desktop I got errors when trying to install EasyBCD 2.3 program that need .NET 2.0 installed.

When installing, it downloads .NET 2.0, and want to install it with dotnetfx.exe, but ask to configure or change .NET 2.0 in Programs...  Windows parts. In this section, there is no item .NET 2.0.

I then checked as much as possible, and have been reading half the internet :-) to find what was to be done.

Let me first resume:

In the registry, under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framwork Setup\NDP\, there is only a map "CDF" that is empty, and the map:

v2.0.50727 with the subkeys: CBS : 1 - Increment 5420 - Install: 1 - InstallPath: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\v2.0.50727 - Version: 2.0.50727.5420

All normal, as far as I know.

When I run NetFix_Setupverifier.exe There are WARNINGS: 

[12/07/16,14:03:19] ***WARNING*** File C:\windows\system32\mscorier.dll is not installed on the system
    [12/07/16,14:03:19] ***WARNING*** File C:\windows\system32\mscories.dll is not installed on the system [12/07/16,14:03:20] ***WARNING*** File C:\windows\SysWow64\mscorier.dll is not installed on the system
    [12/07/16,14:03:20] ***WARNING*** File C:\windows\SysWow64\mscories.dll is not installed on the system

I tried to Unreg the dll's, rename to .old, and the to install copy out of the Winsxs-folder (and from the internet).

I can not register none of them, not the original, not the one from Winsxs or the internet.

The message says: RegSvr32 : Module 'mscorier.dll is loaded, but the AccessPoint DllRegisterService is not found. Make sure 'mscorier.dll' is a valid dll- or OCX-file and try again.

I'm out of ideas now...

How can I fix these registration, how can I fix .NET 2.0 v2 completely.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Theo

• Edited by oplossing.be Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:34 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi oplossing.be,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Windows 7 comes with the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, the .NET Framework 3.0 SP2, and the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed as a part of the OS, and there is not a way to remove the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 from Windows 7.  That is why running the .NET Framework 2.0 redistributable fails on Windows 7.

Since you have run NetFix_Setupverifier.exe, after this you could use the .NET Framework Repair Tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 to repair .net framework 2.0.

In addition to this, you could also use the command sfc /scannow to see if you have any corrupted system files.

For more information, please refer to here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2012/03/28/mailbag-how-to-fix-an-error-message-that-tells-me-to-install-the-net-framework-2-0-when-i-restart-my-computer/

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hallo Joyce,

I am aware that .NET 2.0 is integrated in Win 7. But something, maybe me, or a virus was able to remove or alter some important files. There must be a posibillity to repair this?  NO?

The NetFix_Setupverifier.exe tells me that 4 files are missing: mscories.dll and mscorier.dll, once in the System32 folder, and once in the SysWow64 folder.

The .NET Framwork Repair Tool gives me a Error code: Check Windows Installer. Unreg and register msiexec.exe again. Stop and start the Installer service again. 

I have done all of that, you can read about this in this section: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterservicemanager/thread/125a51cb-dd59-4cef-a1f9-8738048a4587/#125a51cb-dd59-4cef-a1f9-8738048a4587

I tried to register the dll's but I can't register, not the original, not the one from Winsxs or the internet.

The message says: """" RegSvr32 : Module 'mscorier.dll' is loaded, but the AccessPoint DllRegisterService is not found. Make sure 'mscorier.dll' is a valid DLL- or OCX-file and try again.""""

About the link to the "Hox to fix an error...." , I have done all that, but the problem there is not the same as mine, and it does not help me.

About the registry-settings: How can I know what entry's are missing in the register. I am well able to make, produce new keys and set them, but I do not know what keys are missing. Can you show me what keys are neccesary here?

At last, SFC /scannow does give me the answer there are faults, but sfc can not fix them. 

Hope you can give me some help. 

Thanks

Theo

Thursday, December 8, 2016 11:53 AM
  • Hello Theo,

You're currently asking in the Visual Studio forums. You would guess it is a good forum for your question. 

However, likewise not every Belgian knows about how to prepare mussels, that is the same about your question and these forums. 

Try for your question the Technet forum for windows 7. 

Mostly there is more knowledge about this kind of OS destroyed questions. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=w7itproinstall

In that forum they can probably make patat from it. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Hello Cor,

I'm wel aware that this a Visual Studio forum. I choosed for the .NET-forum with my first question.

Don't know who or why this is changed. At the other hand, Visual Studio and .NET are related, and in his /her subforums there are many questions about .NET. See Top Related Threads .

I have been directed to here from the TechNet.forums. Now you are pointing me back?

Strange world we are living in, master Jack.....

Theo

Thursday, December 8, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Hi oplossing.be,

I really understand how the inconvenience that brings you to change different forums to ask for the solution.

As Joyce said, the .Net Framework 2.0 is already pre-installed in Win7. furthermore, you have also tried sfc/scannow command but still no help, I'm afraid that the root cause is pending on your system environment, some OS dlls or registry key may be missing or corrupted.

Due to the whole troubleshooting process will spend much of your time, I would suggest you backup all the important files on your machine first,
    Then do a OS format, in this time, I think it will save you much time and provide you a but clean environment for you to run application.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Hello Lana Xu,

Thanks for your understandig.

I aprreciate your suggestions, but let me tell you this first.

I dit a full "In-Place" installation of Win 7 already, thought this would be the solution to restore all the Windows Files. But it did not change a thing. Yesterday, I could read in a forum where a simular problem was discussed, the guy with the problems ALSO dit a "In-place" installation, and it did not solve his problem neather. The forum was a suggestion of one of the helpers in this thread.

A clean install is not an option for me. I have +300 programs installed on this PC, 50% programs from GiveAwayOfTHeDay. I need them to help on my General (mainly Windows based) help-forum, I need them to help other people with their problems. For over 20 years I help ALL people for free, we don't chase "points" for eatch answer like on some "help" forums. We honestly try to help, no fee, no adds, no points, no badges. That was normal 10 - 20 years ago. It's getting rare now.

Back to my question: I want to repair this OS, that's how I can learn. If I can just get .NET 2 v2 running.

Get the dll's installed AND REGISTERED. Than get the Register Keys in place. 

But registering the dll's gives me an error I do not understand, and where the register Keys in the register are set well, I do not know whitch one are missing. There is no list? No-one who can - want to look in his own Win 7 register what keys are supposed to be there for .NET v2.0.50727

Looking forward for your answer.

Greetings,

Theo 

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:13 AM
  • Hi oplossing.be,

I really would like to help you solve this issue successfully.

But currently, I think I'm not capable of help you troubleshooting this case, but I will invite other Microsoft senior engineer to help you for further troubleshooting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Hello Lana,

Thank you for your concern. I realy hope someone will guide me through this jungle.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Theo Wolfs

Belgium.

Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:56 PM
  • Hi oplossing.be,

Since we have reported this to more senior Microsoft engineer for further troubleshooting, Please wait patiently till this is solved.

Happy New Year :)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:30 AM