none
PowerPoint 2016 - Slides.InsertFromFile method, does not keep Slide's CustomLayout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using VSTO for building a PowerPoint Add-On.

With the latest update of PowerPoint 2016, I see that InsertFromFile method on Slide collection is not copying the Slide's CustomLayout. Inserted slide is using the Custom Layout that already exists in the presentation.

I can see that this is working ok with PP2013 and PP2010.

Can someone give me some info about this. Is there some workaround for this?

Thanks

Monday, February 22, 2016 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi, Goce Stojcev

Did you try to check whether removing this latest update of office can solve this issue and insert from file method start to work. you can try this it can solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi, Goce Stojcev

>> With the latest update of PowerPoint 2016

But you did not mention the version of the update.

I have check your issue and tested on both powerpoint 2013 and 2016 using InsertFromFile method.

In both powerpoint 2013 and 2016 InsertFromFile method working properly and I get the custom layout of copied slide. So here I could not reproduce your issue.

>>Here you can check that with manual operation of adding slide by other file is properly working or not. If it not copy the properties of slide then may be it is possible that it can be a product issue and not a issue related to coding.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thank You for Your replay.

I am testing this with Office Professional Plus 2016.

I am able to reproduce the issue after I install Version 16.0.6568.2025.

Thanks

Goce

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:28 AM
  • Hi, Goce

As I mentioned in my last suggestion. Had you tried to perform the operation manually.

“ Here you can check that with manual operation of adding slide by other file is properly working or not. If it not copy the properties of slide then may be it is possible that it can be a product issue and not a issue related to coding.

Please check it and tell me it is working or not.

Regards

Deepak

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 6:37 AM
  • Hi, Goce Stojcev

Did you try to check whether removing this latest update of office can solve this issue and insert from file method start to work. you can try this it can solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your replay.

Yes, I can confirm that removing the latest update of office is solving the issue.

I think that something is changed (broken) with the InsertFromFile method in that update.

Thanks

Goce

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:12 AM