none
Creating a customer Home Page Folder in OWA 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to show a folder that has a external URL as the home page in OWA? In Outlook 2007 and 2010 we can create a folder that redirects the end user to a specific URL and it's not working in OWA. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:58 PM

All replies

• It may be possible (you'd need to describe a bit more what you are looking for), but it would require you to change some of the server-side OWA scripts, so you'd have a non-standard (and probably unsupported) installation.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:14 PM
  • Hey Lee, 

Thanks for replying. We have a third party email archiving solution that has end user access via a web page. The end users that have Outlook 2k7 and 2010 can simply create a new folder then go to the properties of that folder and set the home page to be the web page for the personal archive access which is a unique URL. I would like to provide this same type of access to OWA users. 

-Troy

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:24 PM
  • You're not going to be able to make it happen in exactly the same way, but if you just want to provide a hyperlink to the URL of the application, have a look at this, and you may be able to add it as an extra item in the navigation menu:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/ee693018(v=exchg.140)

(you'll probably need to add that last bracket manually).  I'd suggest that you are most likely to be adding something to the User Interface Extensions File UIExtensions.xml .

If none if it makes any sense to you (and I'll admit it's a bit light on detail), please let me know.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:45 PM