none
Outlook 2013 Form Region issues with inline response RRS feed

• Question

• Over the last couple of weeks an issue has crept into a few users of an outlook form region.

Normally the form region displays a couple of buttons and some information about the sender, its also only 40px high and is an adjoining form region at the bottom of the page, however on inline response it is much larger (taking up pretty much the entire body) and instead of displaying any information it's just displaying a gray background.

As I said this doesn't affect all users and there is nothing unique about the users that have the issues.

Its 32bit outlook 2013 running on a 64bit Windows 7 system.

This is what it should look like:

And this is what it does look like:

So the white background is grey, the form is bigger, and all the controls are missing.

This only occurs on inline responses - reading emails, or composing emails which are popped out work as expected.

I've tried clearing the form cache, reinstalling it, etc. But have come to a dead end

Any ideas?

Thanks

- Ryan

• Edited by disordinary Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:09 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:08 PM

All replies

• The forms cache is only for Outlook custom forms, not form regions as far as I know.

Updates are about the only thing I can think of. Try comparing the updates installed since the problem started and see what might be different where it works and where it doesn't work.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Thanks Ken,

I'm looking into updates as well - I'll post here if I find one that fixes it.

- Ryan

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:47 PM
  • Ryan,

Any updates? I am also seeing the issue, even with a completely empty Outlook Add-in project with no code other than the generated form region code.

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:38 PM
  • I just wanted to give an update. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2013. The version that installed was 15.0.4535.1004 (September update). In this version, form regions work properly.

I then updated my Office to 15.0.4551.1005 (November update) and the form regions are now failing for inline response, with the same result as shown in Ryan's screenshot. 

Since I had to bypass 15.0.4535.1511 (October update), I can't tell which update caused this.

This is a fairly large bug and there does not seem to be any easy workaround for it.

• Edited by amr1986_ Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:02 AM fixed version number
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:36 AM
  • I reported this to the Outlook product group. It would help with this if someone with the problem could open a support incident with MS support.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Thanks Ken. I've submitted an incident with Microsoft and I will report back with any updates.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:56 PM
  • Hi Amr1986_

Not yet, unfortunately I don't have the problem myself but have just created a VM of a machine that does have it so will start trying to single out the update tomorrow.

The problem is that it could be bundled in multiple updates so one single KB might not solve it. The only real solution is for Microsoft to release a fix.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:33 AM