none
How to install Project 2013 on a RDS Server (MSDN keys) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in the process of installing Visio 2013 Professional on one of ours office RDS servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2. 

In this server we have previously installed Office 2013 professional using our KMS key.

We would like to use our MSDN LAB KEY (we have an IMAGINE subscription) to install Project (and Visio) and when we try to activate the licence, the following error apears:

"This copy of Microsoft Office 2013 cannot be used on a computer running Terminal Services. To use Office 2013 on a computer running Terminal Services, you must use a Volume License edition of Office."

In the MSDN subscription we also have a retail key for the product.

What key should we use? What are we doing wrong?

Has anyone solved a similar case?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understood correctly, your Project Pro license is from MSDN subscription.

for using Project on RDS server you need to buy a project license in volume licensing contract(open license).

thanks

diramoh

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:55 AM
  • Yes, licenses are from MSDN subscription.

I work in a university and MSDN licenses allows us to use the products in classrooms and laboratories for academic purposes.
    We have installed the product all the equipment of a laboratory and now we would like to install it in an RDS servidors.
    Is there a general limitation to using MSDN licenses in RDS environments?

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

to my Licensing knowledge, ONLY Microsoft applications throught Volume licensing contracts are qualified for RDS environments. MSDN subscription is not a Volume licensing contract.

for confirmation & more details contact microsoft MSDN support in your country.

thanks

diramoh

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:38 AM