How to remove html br tag from text box? RRS feed

• Question

• User2019896008 posted

Hello,

I have a multi-line text box in my saving form and I allow users enter for line breaks.So I save it as it is to the db like below code.

cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@IntroText", txtIntro.Text.Replace("\r\n", "<br />"));

So this part works perfectly.But the issue is when I bind these values to a FormView in order to edit the records.

<asp:TextBox ID="Leder1TextBox" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Leder1") %>' CssClass="txtapplicantfname" TextMode="MultiLine"/>

It shows the <br/> tags in textbox in edit view.How to I format my multiline text box in FormView and remove <br/> tags?

Thanks

Sunday, February 17, 2019 5:24 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Don't replace the /r/n characters when saving to the database.  Do the replace when writing HTML.

Or do another replace to replace the <br /> with /r/n when writing to an input field.

Sunday, February 17, 2019 5:33 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi studio7t7,

this part works perfectly.But the issue is when I bind these values to a FormView in order to edit the records.

It shows the <br/> tags in textbox in edit view.How to I format my multiline text box in FormView and remove <br/> tags?

You can replace "<br />" with "\r\n" while the FormView is in Edit mode, the following code snippet work well on my side, please refer to it.

protected void FormView1_DataBound(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        if (FormView1.CurrentMode == FormViewMode.Edit)
        {
            TextBox txt_Leder1 = FormView1.FindControl("Leder1TextBox") as TextBox;
            txt_Leder1.Text = txt_Leder1.Text.Replace("<br />", "\r\n");
        }
    }

With Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:11 AM