none
Yammer & SharePoint On-prem integration. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Below blog says that soon Yammer & SP Team will release the update having following functionalities related to Yammer & SharePoint On-prem integration.  Do anyone know whether these updates available now or not?

"The Yammer app in the SharePoint Store will be a valuable addition, allowing customers to create connections between Yammer groups and on-premises SharePoint sites.  While we don't plan on delivering updates for SharePoint Server every 90 days, many of the enhancements to the Yammer service described above will still be valuable in this scenario.  The SSO, updated UX, seamless navigation, and Office Web App integration will all deepen the connections between your Yammer network and your on-premises SharePoint deployment."

http://blogs.office.com/b/sharepoint/archive/2013/03/19/yammer-and-sharepoint-enterprise-social-roadmap-update.aspx

Regards Restless Spirit

Sunday, January 5, 2014 3:51 PM

Answers

• Look for Yammer integration with on-prem soon. There are improvements coming.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, January 10, 2014 6:16 AM
    Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:36 PM

All replies

• Did you check the following white paper from MS ?

Integrate Yammer with on-premises SharePoint 2013 environments (white paper)

After reading the article you have posted I am just assuming that this white paper is what article might be referring when it reads "So as part of the summer update, we'll also provide guidance for replacing the SharePoint newsfeed on-premises with Yammer."

I hope it helps.

Amit

Sunday, January 5, 2014 3:57 PM
  • I have gone through this article already infact i have already implemented the method suggested in this article. Solution is not still perfect.  It is not quite useful integration yet. SSO and seamless navigation is a big problem. Also document has to be shared before any conversation can be started over it.

We need the functionalities that i mentioned above urgently before roll-out the solution to users.

Regards Restless Spirit

Sunday, January 5, 2014 4:11 PM
  • I thought so. Other than that article I do not think there is any other update available for integration SharePoint 2013 with Yammer. I would also be happy to know if there is any future update to this but as far as I know I do not think there is any guidance on that or any set date. Unless its officially from MS I typically take that as rumors. :)

Amit

Sunday, January 5, 2014 4:29 PM
  • SSO is a big problem, user will not use current solution since each time when yammer is accessed user has to key the credentials. Solution will fail in acceptance testing.

Crawling the conversations is another big problem.

Regards Restless Spirit

Sunday, January 5, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Look for Yammer integration with on-prem soon. There are improvements coming.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Lindali Friday, January 10, 2014 6:16 AM
    Sunday, January 5, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Trevor,

Please check this link. It may resolve your query:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn457819.aspx

• Proposed as answer by anuxps Sunday, February 2, 2014 7:24 AM
    Sunday, February 2, 2014 7:24 AM
  • The word I'm hearing from the 2014 SharePoint conference was that Yammer integration with SharePoint was going to focus on the cloud with no robust on-prem alternative. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You could check out Sitrion, which offers a product for on-prem social within SharePoint that is used by ING, Kraft, AMD, Accenture, Lego, Oppenheimer and a lot of other big companies.

http://www.sitrion.com/

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:44 PM
  • Hi,

Do you know if Yammer will be available in SharePoint 2013 on-premise still?

I know that there are App-Parts which can show Yammer groups in widget window.

Thanx for any help.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 5:48 PM