none
Executing the output of Business Rule on another rule of the same policy RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am having a condition to execute a Business rule, if the 1st condition is satisfied and the another rule need to executed using the output of the 1st condition on the same policy.

Eg: I am having Employee Details it contains the salary and PF details. 1st i will take the salary executed based on the position. If the position is Associate the salary is "Rs. 10000", then using the output of the 1st rule i need to execute the another rule in the same policy  If the salary is > 10000 then assign PF as 12%. I want to do the condition in the same policy.

I have another option to do this using the class library by calling the rule one after another. I want to know is there any other option to do in the rule composer itself.

Regards, Aboorva Raja R Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:30 AM

Answers

• If the Rule Priority is set correctly and the following Rule's conditions apply, the BRE will do that one it's own, assuming when you say 'output' you mean the Facts passed into the Policy Execution.
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 22, 2014 1:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:25 PM

All replies

• If the Rule Priority is set correctly and the following Rule's conditions apply, the BRE will do that one it's own, assuming when you say 'output' you mean the Facts passed into the Policy Execution.
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 22, 2014 1:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

I am passing the XML as the input. I want to use the output of the 1st rule to be used in another rule of the same policy.

Regards, Aboorva Raja R Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Ok...again, if the Priority is set correctly and the following Rule's conditions apply, it will act on the Fact.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:08 PM