Change the default fields (name and description) displayed in FilmStrip View of Picture Library RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use the filmstrip view of a picture library; however, I need to be able to change the default fields that are displayed at the bottom when selecting the images at the top.  Right now, the fields are Name and Description.  I want them to be ID and a custom field called Captions.

The reason why is because I can't be limited to the 255 character limit that the description field requires.

Friday, September 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Pikes,

That section is a webpart actually, and it leave us no way to change the displaying columns through UI.

If you want do this, you can use JavaScript to call web service to get the column' value you want and replace the “name and description”.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, September 23, 2011 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:09 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Pikes,

That section is a webpart actually, and it leave us no way to change the displaying columns through UI.

If you want do this, you can use JavaScript to call web service to get the column' value you want and replace the “name and description”.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, September 23, 2011 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:09 AM
  • Dear Pengyu Zhao,
    you told: "you can use JavaScript to call web service to get the column' value you want and replace the “name and description”"
    Could you kindly give me more information/examples on this point?

Furhermore I noticed that:
    - If I add a new column "link" and enable in the current view, I can see the column value in the page source.

I am sure you can give us a lot of ideas to solve this point.

Many thanks
    Best Regards

Nicoletta

Friday, November 18, 2011 9:47 AM