none
Custom Events in the Properties Event Pane RRS feed

• Question

• I just started using Visual Studios 2013 and noticed something odd.  Currently, I have a WPF GUI project along side several other projects, some of which contain custom controls, data types, and events.  I have one WPF User Control in one project in the namespace CustomControls that calls a custom event handler from another project.  The event handler is in CustomEvents namespace.  

When place the control in the visual editor of the WPF GUI editor I am unable to find the custom event under the properties window, nor am I able to point to the custom event in the xaml code editor.  The only place I can call and instantiate it is from the code behind.

In past versions it would come up automatically in the editor and its properties pane.  Has something change?

Monday, January 27, 2014 3:26 AM

Answers

• Hello Bob,

In past versions it would come up automatically in the editor and its properties pane.

Just to make this issue clearly, do you mean that you could run it well in old VS version? If so, you created this app in old VS version, and then you update the same app with VS2013, am I right?

If so, do you make sure that you could compile this app normally in your VS2013? Please make sure that you could update it correctly in VS2013. Maybe you could clean and Rebuild your app.

Not the real WPF developer, if it couldn’t share the custom event from the property window, please check whether it was called when you run your app, maybe you could debug your app with breakpoints, and get more information.

To make sure that it is not the VS IDE issue, please check it in other VS2013 Environment.

If still no help, please share us the detailed steps to repro this issue, it would be better if you could share us a simple sample, I will test it in my VS2013.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:40 AM