using CQWP in a subsite? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a CQWP in a sub-site and its referencing back to xsl style sheets in the Style library(in the site collection) xsl files are ItemStyle.xsl ,header.xsl and ContentQueryMain.xsl. The same CQWP is used in the site collection but using a modified ContentQueryMain.xsl and it works.The modification basically just adds a DIV before start element of the webpart to apply a different class and an ID.

The problem i have though is when i edit the CQWP in the subsite using sharepoint designer and change the ContentQueryMain.xsl to the modified one and save it.

It doesn't add the DIV element because when i reopen the CQWP in the subsite site and look at the changes it sets it back to ContentQueryMain.xsl and not the modified one.

Any ideas what is happening?

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Answers

• Just to rule out the obvious, if you recreate this on the root site but export the CQWP, rename it and make the changes and link to your modified files, it should still be available to work as intended on all sub-sites.  Have you tried this at all?

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, January 6, 2014 10:59 AM
    Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:28 PM
    Answerer