Converting using a .Bat file???? RRS feed

• Question

• How can you convert a Desktop application on the Desktop App Converter with a .bat "BATCH" file?

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can refer to the following DAC command line for example:

DesktopAppConverter.exe -Installer C:\Installer\MyAppSetup.bat -Destination C:\Output\MyApp -PackageName "MyApp" -Publisher "CN=MyPublisher" -Version 0.0.0.1

For more details, please check Package an app using the Desktop App Converter .

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:35 AM
  • Hello,

I did as the code is written but I got this error:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.0.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\DesktopAppConverter.ps1 : DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_BAD_INSTALLER_EXIT_CODE':
    Installer returned '4' when valid exit codes were '0'
    At line:1 char:1
    + &'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.0.2.0_ ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,DesktopAppConverter.ps1

How do I fix this?

Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:01 PM