none
Master-Detail Report on ReportViewer 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a master-detail report in VS2010 and I'm trying to follow the steps in this link.
    The problem is the guide must be using the old version since a List is the same as a tablix in ReportViewer 2010.
    "To do this, right-click on the List and choose Properties from the context menu. In the List Properties dialog click on Edit details group."
    In the guide, it has this step, but there is no Edit details group in the tablix properties.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 8:02 AM

All replies

• JLHUI;

Have you ever figured this out? I have been trying the same for several days.  THis is VERY, VERY frustrating. 

I have a master-detail where i need to set the source programmatically.  I figured that out for one table. I

tried subreport for the detail, even added the SubreportProcessingEventHandler.  Could not get data to show in the subreport even though I know the query worked.  I then set it up to return everything in a joined supertable.  Again I can not get the internal grouping to work using a single rldc file.   have added the

What I have is a table structure like:

Master: ID

part_num

List

Cost

descr

vendor

child: id

make

year

THe make and year are 2 character codes.  I want to print them accross the page with upto 10 pairs per line, then skip to the next line.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Wade

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:49 AM
  • Friday, March 30, 2012 10:44 AM
  • I've found solutions in report viewer 2010

supposed you have the List control  then  drag the table from the toolbox inside the  list control 

under the row groups  , right click at the details and select group properties

group properties window will appear then at the General tab under the group expression

click the add button then click the drop down button and select the available fields . save and run the report

• Edited by Asero23 Monday, May 21, 2012 9:51 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 9:50 AM