Most popular robots? RRS feed

• Question

• Obviously there are hundreds of different robots on the market in all shapes, sizes and prices. Just do a search for "robot kit" in your favorite search engine. There are also some popular online stores that specialize in robots. However, there is no data on which robots are most popular.

The Microsoft Robotics team would like to know what robots our users are interested in. We already have services for several robots, but what other ones are people using or want to use?

Just answer this thread with the model/manufacturer of a robot you recommend. We will tally up the results after a few weeks.

Trevor

P.S. This is market research. It will help us in planning our future directions.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:44 PM

Answers

• Thanks everyone for your responses - we will review your feedback.

Please see the most updated release on our website:  www.microsoft.com/robotics.

Our most recent release addresses a number of issues.  Please open a new thread if your issues are not fully resolved with this release.

Monday, May 3, 2010 11:35 PM

All replies

• in Taiwan most education and hobby user are use

Kondo series (Japan made)
    Robobuiler series (Korea made)
    Bioloid  series (Korea made)
    Innivati series (Robotinno) (Taiwan made)

for advance research is made by themself
    most controller use regular LAPTOP or RoBoard x86 SBC 

Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:15 AM
  • :-)

Currently I own an iRobot create (Actually one of Sumo bots with eBox 2300 and camera)

In future (thought not soon) I would buy service robots like Roomba (probably there will be better versions with more functions when I get chance to buy)
    I might also buy some of Lego NXT, Kondo, Robobuilder kit. Only thing preventing me buying these sooner is unavailability of these in local stores. (I'm from Sri Lanka)

I would really love to adopt something like Aldebaran Nao. But currently these are way beyond my buying capacity. Hope prices will be slashed in time with mass production. Similar to what happend to the PCs. Seems we are yet in late 70s when comes to consumer robots. ;-)

Best Regards

Aravinda D.P.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:45 AM
  • I like to play with the VEX (Red) system.

Ed
    Friday, December 18, 2009 3:19 PM
  • Not very original, but I have a Lego Mindstorms NXT 1.0.
    • Proposed as answer by Angry Puppy Sunday, October 10, 2010 8:25 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Tranxster style robots (http://www.roboticsconnection.com/p-15-traxster-robot-kit.aspx).  The seem to have more practical application possibilities.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:29 PM
  • like can we make a robot with four DC motor and drive it in our own environment
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:25 AM

Please see the most updated release on our website:  www.microsoft.com/robotics.

Our most recent release addresses a number of issues.  Please open a new thread if your issues are not fully resolved with this release.

Monday, May 3, 2010 11:35 PM
  • Surveyor SRV-1

Anything x86 based

But at the same time, it would be great to be able to piece together robots and run a plug and play hardware wizard, like one can do with a Windows PC.  Of course the instruction set varies greatly with the many non x86 targets in the embedded world, so I wouldn't expect turn key support for every platform.  I would like to see more hardware flexibility though where one can add sensors by at most picking and configuring common sensors from a wizard.

Monday, May 3, 2010 11:48 PM

Please see the most updated release on our website:  www.microsoft.com/robotics.

What's the problem? Is there something wrong with the link? It cannot be opened.
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:29 AM