Highlighting text in design view highlights all text, graphics... RRS feed

• Question

• I open use the highlight/copy and paste technique to delete old text and add new text. The problem I am having when in design view is that when I try to select  a text area larger than a single paragraph EW tends to run to the bottom of the page and highlights everything at once, it will not allow me to just hightlight a couple of paragraphs.

Needless to say this is very tough to work with and I end up having to paste the text in code view and redefine the formatting in design view.

A lot of needless work. Does anyone experience the same and have a work-around that works?

Online and Doing Fine
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:42 PM

Answers

• Yup, this is a common issue. One solution is to click at the start point, then scroll down and shift-click at the end. This will highlight all text in between insertion points. Not ideal, but better than selecting text at warp nine.

Jim

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:08 PM

All replies

• Yup, this is a common issue. One solution is to click at the start point, then scroll down and shift-click at the end. This will highlight all text in between insertion points. Not ideal, but better than selecting text at warp nine.

Jim

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:08 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks, that is a great workable suggestion.

I wa sgetting totally frustarted at not being able to simply copy and paste text.

You've saved whatever braincells EW hasn't yet corrupted.

Online and Doing Fine
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:26 PM