none
New Flight 14959 Released for Insiders

General discussion

• We have released a new flight with the build number 14959 for insiders. If you discover any new issues, please report it using the feedback app.

New this build:

• IoTCoreDefaultApp has been updated to address issues with displaying the network information
    • Updates have been made to the error handling of background tasks to address issues when debugging
    • Updates have been made to the Nano RDP Server to addresses when connecting to the DragonBoard
    • Fixes have been made to the Windows Device Portal (Web Management) to address issues in:
      • The handling of OS Updates and notifications
      • Enabling the remote debugger

Known issues:

• Associating an MSA and selecting the “Sign in to this device using your Microsoft Account” option may prevent the default application from loading
    • Store applications may fail to update with ERROR_PACKAGES_IN_USE
    • Default applications may fail to start when using the store signed packages after a servicing update is applied
    • BluetoothLE GATT service discovery may fail

Thanks!

Thursday, November 03, 2016 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

pretty cool you guys fix so many bugs and adding features in such a short cycling recently.

I know, you need logs to improve the update capability. Unfortunately, the device I am testing w10IoT on is running in a highly secured environment. Therefore it won't have access to the internet and cannot update itself. It would be nice to have a Insider Preview Image for download as well...

Thanks, Poly

Thursday, November 03, 2016 5:45 PM
  • I would be extremely grateful if you are able to describe in very simple terms just how I go about getting the 14959 release.

It is very frustrating to be part of the insider program to discover that there are two different "tracks"

What do I have to sign up for and are you able to provide a link please?

Thursday, November 03, 2016 7:45 PM
  • If I'm not terribly wrong, you have to flash the newest insider build, attach the device to the internet and let it stand over night.

I tried it with my `test-pi` here by hitting "check for updates" on the web portal but this always fails...

Friday, November 04, 2016 8:10 AM