1073450910 : System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine from silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a silverlight project that invokes a WCF service that runs a SSIS package for bulk upload of Excel data to sql service.But it gives an error message "1073450910 : System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.HandleUserException(Exception e)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.PreExecute()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPreExecute(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)
    -1073450982 : component "Scr Worksheet names" (1) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0x80131509."

The same service is working when I try to invoke via test console application which is on the same server where service residing.

Can anybody help me to findout the reason of this failure?

Muhammed Shakeer

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:44 AM

Answers

• Do you mean to say Silverlight à WCF à SSIS?

On what component you get this exception (SSIS or WCF or SilverLight)? And how WCF and Silverlight project is hosted and is it 32 bit or 64 bit OS?

The message description is a much known exception and can be for a simple reasons:

If you host any web based service or application in IIS 64 bit, you need you need to run Jet OLEDB in a 32 bit asp.net application pool.  You can do that by Open IIS manager, select Application Pools, select the application pool you are using, click on Advanced Settings in the right-hand menu.  Under General, set "Enable 32-Bit Applications" to "True".

From your question, it seems WCF is throwing this exception when it receive request from Silverlight and it works well when it receive a request from Test Console application. Are you sure Silverlight project is not using any Jet OLEDB reference?

Lingaraj Mishra

• Edited by Lingaraj Mishra Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Otomii Lu Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:09 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:47 AM

All replies

• Do you mean to say Silverlight à WCF à SSIS?

On what component you get this exception (SSIS or WCF or SilverLight)? And how WCF and Silverlight project is hosted and is it 32 bit or 64 bit OS?

The message description is a much known exception and can be for a simple reasons:

If you host any web based service or application in IIS 64 bit, you need you need to run Jet OLEDB in a 32 bit asp.net application pool.  You can do that by Open IIS manager, select Application Pools, select the application pool you are using, click on Advanced Settings in the right-hand menu.  Under General, set "Enable 32-Bit Applications" to "True".

From your question, it seems WCF is throwing this exception when it receive request from Silverlight and it works well when it receive a request from Test Console application. Are you sure Silverlight project is not using any Jet OLEDB reference?

Lingaraj Mishra

• Edited by Lingaraj Mishra Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Otomii Lu Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:09 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Hi Lingaraj Mishra,

Yes the flow is Silverlight à WCF à SSIS.There was a mistake in service reference of my test console application. I reproduced the same here also.I set "Enable 32-Bit Applications" to "True" and can solve this issue.Thanks for your support.

Muhammed Shakeer

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:50 AM