none
What is wrong with my project - server ? RRS feed

• Question

• Well i get few errors i got no idea how to fix...

Here is the code: TQM821

Well error is: 16,50 Unexpected token = found,Cannot find property SomeoneTryConnect and also on message received.

I love game design and game programing.
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:15 PM

Answers

• NetworkClient.MessageRecieved, NetworkServer.SomeoneTryConnect and NetworkServer.MessageRecieved are events, you can't use them as properties. To enable server use NetworkServer.Enable(port) and to accept client with NetworkServer.SomeoneTryConnect use NetworkServer.AllowLatestUserToConnect().

For error searching use NetworkPlus.LastError

Sorry My Bad English
    • Marked as answer by Primoz128 Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:53 PM
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:34 PM

All replies

• NetworkClient.MessageRecieved, NetworkServer.SomeoneTryConnect and NetworkServer.MessageRecieved are events, you can't use them as properties. To enable server use NetworkServer.Enable(port) and to accept client with NetworkServer.SomeoneTryConnect use NetworkServer.AllowLatestUserToConnect().

For error searching use NetworkPlus.LastError

Sorry My Bad English
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Thank you so much :).
    • Unmarked as answer by Primoz128 Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:53 PM
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Does Networking classes work on all computers now? If so, that is really cool.
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:13 AM
  • I don't really understand what you mean AirWaves.
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:31 AM
  • Well it worked inside my home network but it should work also in internet if server has unique IP and it allows incoming connections. For example NAT usually blocks incoming connections to home networks.

Testing that part is little tricky because I have access to apache servers only. Windows Server Hosting is just is too expensive for my budget.

Sorry My Bad English
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:21 AM
  • I was learning Perl myself and well i never got to work how to run a damn Apache... it never worked... the CGI files same...

And how can it be tricky o.O ? You don't need some Apache for hosting, no no apache is for other stuff man. You can have both server and client on pc, by using 127.0.0.1 you can connect to yourself. And i in backup got sister's laptop to use.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:18 AM