reCaptcha from the Web Helpers Library isn't being displayed when SSL/HTTPS is used RRS feed

• Question

• User-996508040 posted

I've seen another post relating to this but the thread is locked and the answer of upgrading to the latest version does not help in my case.

I'm using reCaptcha from the NuGet Web Helpers Library; version 2.1.20710.2 which is the latest version according to the package manager.

The captcha is rendered and works just fine when I'm not using SSL however nothing gets displayed when I am.

Does anyone know why this might be and how I can fix it.

The SSL certificate I'm using is one I've generated myself on my IIS server, it's not a signed one from a recognised authority. Is that a known problem?

Regards,

Matt

Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:48 AM

Answers

• User-996508040 posted

It turns out it is my fault.

I'd managed to copy an old version of the Microsoft.Web.Helpers.dll to the bin directory.

It's working fine with SSL.

Cheers, Matt

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:20 AM

All replies

• User-996508040 posted

Looking at the source of the generated page I can see that the url used by reCaptcha is api-secure.recaptcha.net.

There's plenty of old posts saying this url is out of date and it should be www.google.com/recaptcha/api/ so why is it still being used in the latest version of this package?

Regards, Matt

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:11 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

so why is it still being used in the latest version of this package?

The package owner needs to update the package. You can post an issue about it here: http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:47 AM
  • User-996508040 posted

It turns out it is my fault.

I'd managed to copy an old version of the Microsoft.Web.Helpers.dll to the bin directory.

It's working fine with SSL.

Cheers, Matt

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:20 AM