Report data is getting expanded in FireFox 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing an issue with FireFox. The issue is "Layout is not getting displayed properly in FireFox 2.0". My RDLC report has a bar chart which is getting expanded. But on right click on report, the layout is getting adjusted and displayed correctly.

Can anyone help me in resolving this?

I dont have any ReportServices.css file. Where to add this and how to refer to this?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:16 AM

All replies

• Contrary to popular belief careful report design will allow you to view the reports in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.  We had some problems with this until we went through each report when we upgraded to SQL Server 2008.  When we upgraded the reports we ensured that all elements in the body had the same width chart, tablix, report title textbox.  It can be time consuming to get it to work but it is possible. 

Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response. The issue is with height but not with width. Can you tell me any work around which can resolve my problem? I dont understand how the height is getting adjusted properly when i right click on the report.

Any thoughts?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:23 AM
  • Have you tried putting a transparent table or tablix below the chart?  Maybe even a big transparent textbox?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:07 PM
  • You might look at our http://www.airportsnapshot.com website for example of reports that render ok across IE6-IE8/FireFox/Chrome.  Unfortunately, the chart reports on the private client website.
    Friday, May 15, 2009 7:19 PM