Editing button template RRS feed

• Question

• Here I am trying to edit the template of a Windows phone 7 button with Expression blend.

steps followed

1.Draw rectangle

2.make into control with button style

3.edit template of the button just created and change the fill of rectangle to image 1

4.clicked states -->pressed state(recording is on now)..changed fill to image 2

5.Everything looked working.

but when i run the project the button is showing with image 2 in it and no state transiton occurs when i press.

In expression blend while state recording is on xaml is not updated with my actions.

Am I doing anything wrong please advice.

==== "It ain't a bug,Its an undocumented feature" ====
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:37 AM

All replies

• I don't know this for a fact but I would guess that property can't be animated in that way? Could you simulate it by having my images present and changing the opacity of each on the state change?
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:46 PM
  • Dundz,

Chuck is right this is not really possible using blend and visual states from the designer end.

A typical implementation for the effect you are trying to achieve is to have to images and you can change the opacity and/or the visible state on the state change. I find it much simpler and more flexible using this approach anyway, especially if you want to implement transitions and fx with multiple images.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:35 PM