Things to do

General discussion

• Hi I love the New Metro - and the apps  I find that it does in fact work a bit better then Vista and 7

However - I need more mouse control - I do not have a touch interface and would like to have some more control with the mouse

and there are no close controls on the apps - I have started a few and short of task mamanger - there seems to be no way to close them.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:44 AM

All replies

• this is by design ...
    In the taskmanger you see the Metro apps with the Status suspended, you can the app click with right and choose END TASK

best regards
    brima

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Hi I love the New Metro - and the apps I find that it does in fact work a bit better then Vista and 7

However - I need more mouse control - I do not have a touch interface and would like to have some more control with the mouse

and there are no close controls on the apps - I have started a few and short of task mamanger - there seems to be no way to close them.
    I agree that the mouse interface is somewhat lacking. IMHO the mouse interface should be able to do everything (and in the same way) as the single-touch parts of the touch interface. But as it is, there are a number of gratuitous differences. In particular, the charm menu is different (and accessed in a completely different way), and the mouse interface is not able to access the Metro on-screen keyboard (even in the Metro emulator).

I also agree that there should be some simple way to close Metro apps, even if they are designed to be suspended when not active. If nothing else, the task-switching gets very cumbersome with many open apps.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:37 PM