ASP.NET and SAP integration RRS feed

• Question

• User1566516110 posted
    Has anyone had an experience integrating ASP.NET application with SAP? If yes, I would like to hear about those experiences. Thanks. Gregory
    Thursday, January 15, 2004 10:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• User402141087 posted
    SAP has a .NET Connector and a Business Connector. I don't know exactly, but I believe the first one can be used in an ADO.NET context while the latter uses Web Services to provide the integration. I've only had some experience with the Business Connector. Works well enough but don't expect a spectacular performance. Of course this depends a lot on your infrastructure.
    Friday, January 16, 2004 3:05 AM
  • User-1970872809 posted
    Hi Gregory, We're using the Business Connector in combination with SAP. With this technology customers can create/view orders. If you've got some Business Connector specific questions you can query me. I've got no experience with the .NET connector.
    Monday, March 1, 2004 8:43 AM
  • User300777150 posted
    hi grigorythegreat, we are using the SAP.NET Connector since more than 2 years. We are developing Portal solutions in combination with SAP R/3 HR. If u are interested write me an email: macweb@gmx.de
    Monday, March 1, 2004 2:57 PM
  • User-1461668259 posted

I have been working with this tool http://www.softwise.com.ar/products.php?pid=SWSE and found it a very nice purchase option! Works directly from VS2005

Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:35 AM
  • User2030195755 posted

Hi, i am using the SAP business one with my Final year project so i am doing the create order function which my project include An SAP business oen database, webservice and webfrom. so i need help with creating order in SAP business one database so my webservice is using the business object that SAP provide so could u help me with my coding because i am stuck and do not know what is wrong with my coding. So if u can help me i will post my coding here and let u help me or u can paste and example here to guide me which you should how u capture the data from textbox and send it to webservice for inserting into the SAP business one database. If u are not sure what i am saying i could show u my coding one what i am doing and u have a look to see if u can help me. Thank your !!

Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:51 PM
  • User-1921245745 posted

Hi All,

I want SAP IView to be displayed in my ASP.NET application. I have displayed IView in sharepoint by providing URL of IView and SSO authentication. I want to display same in asp.net.

Any idea/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, November 9, 2009 5:52 AM
  • User-24386821 posted

I've tried  a new tool available for Visual Sudio 2008 and 2005 (And Visual Studio 2010 will be supported shortly). I've requested trial and it worked just fine and has lower prices than other tools available in the market. The feature set is very complete as well (RFC documentation, code snippets, RFC Servers).

It also seems to be using the latest version of librfc32.dll (allowing more than 8-chars passwords, compatibility with Unicode and 64-bit systems)

Here's the link: SAP® Explorer & Proxy Generator 2008 (from http://www.aconcaguait.com/)

IMHO, worth to take a look.

Cheers!

Pete.

Friday, November 13, 2009 8:23 AM
  • User-24386821 posted

check this step-by-step video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72nM-vuYfFI

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 10:03 AM
  • User1129265546 posted

Hi,

I am trying to integrate SAP with .Net application using SAP .net connector. I want to create a Sales order in SAP. I have successfully connected to SAP but when I try to execute the BAPI "BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1" I get the following error:

"STRUCTURE BAPIRETURN1 { FIELD TYPE=E FIELD ID=VP FIELD NUMBER=112 FIELD MESSAGE=Please enter sold-to party or ship-to party FIELD LOG_NO= FIELD LOG_MSG_NO=000000 FIELD MESSAGE_V1= FIELD MESSAGE_V2= FIELD MESSAGE_V3= FIELD MESSAGE_V4= }"

Following is the code snippet I am using :

public string  CreateOrder(RfcDestination destination)
            {
                try
                {
                    RfcRepository repo = destination.Repository;
                    IRfcFunction salesDoc = repo.CreateFunction("BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1");
                    IRfcFunction salesDocCommit = repo.CreateFunction("BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT");

IRfcStructure salesHeader = salesDoc.GetStructure("ORDER_HEADER_IN");

IRfcTable salesItems = salesDoc.GetTable("ORDER_ITEMS_IN");
                    IRfcTable salesPartners = salesDoc.GetTable("ORDER_PARTNERS");

IRfcStructure soldtoparty = salesDoc.GetStructure("SOLD_TO_PARTY");

IRfcStructure salesItemsStruct = salesItems.Metadata.LineType.CreateStructure();
                    IRfcStructure salesPartnersStruct = salesPartners.Metadata.LineType.CreateStructure();
                    IRfcStructure salesPartnersStructRow2 = salesPartners.Metadata.LineType.CreateStructure();

//Sales Header
                    salesHeader.SetValue("DOC_TYPE", "ZDLR");
                    salesHeader.SetValue("SALES_ORG", "1000");
                    salesHeader.SetValue("DISTR_CHAN", "00");
                    salesHeader.SetValue("DIVISION", "00");
                    salesHeader.SetValue("SALES_OFF", "1001");

//Sales Items
                    salesItemsStruct.SetValue("ITM_NUMBER", "323");
                    salesItemsStruct.SetValue("PLANT", "1001");
                    salesItemsStruct.SetValue("MATERIAL", "20000206");
                    salesItemsStruct.SetValue("TARGET_QTY", "200");
                    salesItemsStruct.SetValue("REQ_QTY", "200");

// Partner
                    salesPartnersStruct.SetValue("PARTN_ROLE", "SP");
                    salesPartnersStruct.SetValue("PARTN_NUMB", "102003");

RfcSessionManager.BeginContext(destination);
                    salesDoc.Invoke(destination);
                    salesDocCommit.Invoke(destination);
                    RfcSessionManager.EndContext(destination);
                    return "";
                }

catch (RfcCommunicationException e)
                {
                    return e.ToString();

}
                catch (RfcLogonException e)
                {
                    // user could not logon...
                    return e.ToString();
                }
                catch (RfcAbapRuntimeException e)
                {
                    // serious problem on ABAP system side...
                    return e.ToString();
                }
                catch (RfcAbapBaseException e)
                {
                    return e.ToString();
                    // The function module returned an ABAP exception, an ABAP message
                    // or an ABAP class-based exception...
                }

}

Please help me resolve this, is there any thing I am missing or anything wrong with my call to BAPI.

Thanks..

Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:41 AM