How to develop an app like win8 store app's alarm clock

Question

• hi:

I want to develop an app,this app should run in background task and like the alarm clock of win8 store app,it can notify ui a toast message whether this app is running or closed.

I view developer document,i use BackgroundTask,and i find the TimerTrigger calss,but this trigger will be excuted at least 15mintues,this is not the best way.

can you tell me how to complete this feature?

Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:34 AM

Answers

• Hi ddllzz2008

As I suggested you in your another question 5 mins ago, ToastNotificationManager is your friend, you could schedule some toasts be sent at some specific times.

For more information: How to schedule a toast notification

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 24, 2014 1:44 AM
  • If you know upfront when the toast should appear, then you can schedule one or more ScheduledToastNotifications, there's an example here.

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi ddllzz2008

As I suggested you in your another question 5 mins ago, ToastNotificationManager is your friend, you could schedule some toasts be sent at some specific times.

For more information: How to schedule a toast notification

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 24, 2014 1:44 AM
  • If you know upfront when the toast should appear, then you can schedule one or more ScheduledToastNotifications, there's an example here.

Friday, October 24, 2014 6:02 AM