Link windows phone to windows store app PRE Windows 10 store RRS feed

• Question

• I received an email today from Microsoft.  They noticed I have an app in the Windows Store and in Windows Phone Store that can potentially be linked before the new Windows 10 unified store:

We noticed that you currently have at least one app on both Windows and Windows Phone that could potentially be linked together to become a single app in the new Dev Center. If you have any apps that you would like to manage in the new Dev Center as a single app in the future, please link these apps in the Windows Phone portal and submit the update by July 14. If you take no action, your unlinked apps will be imported into the new Dev Center as separate apps

I logged into both dev centers but can't seem to find how to do this.  Any one have any ideas?

Thursday, July 9, 2015 8:52 PM

All replies

• I have received the same mail. The link given in the mail does not give indication how to actually do this. Previously, I was under the impression that it is sufficient for two apps to have the same publisher and app name, for them to get linked automatically. It seems that this is not the case, and some special step must be taken?

Could someone from Microsoft please shed some light?

Given the very short deadline of July 14th, immediate help is required!

In my case, I do not yet have the WP version submitted to the store (only a beta with a different name). But I have already added the entry in the WP dev center with the same name as the Windows version, to have it reserved. Now how can I "link" this WP entry with the Windows version?

Friday, July 10, 2015 11:11 AM
  • I am in the same position. How do I link my phone apps to the Windows apps?

EDIT: This page shows you how:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/apps/dn642076%28v=vs.105%29.aspx

• Edited by Jeremy_K Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jeremy_K Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:19 PM
    Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:16 PM