Adcenter API v6 authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I understand that the new authentication method of v6 needs CustomerAccountId and CustomerId, but I got no clue what these are. Sorry, but I really didnt understand where from I'll get thses values.
    I tried getting account informations by calling GetAccounts request. But the result does not include anything called CustomerAccountId or CustomerId, what it gives is AccountId and AccountNumber. I tried both but always got the error as 'Authentication failed. Either supplied credentials are invalid or the account is inactive'.

please if anybody can help.....
    - dyutiman
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The CustomerAccountID is the same as the AccountID returned by GetAccounts. You can leave CustomerID null, unless you are calling the targeting libraries.

If you continue to get Authentication errors, please open a support ticket.

Jeff Dillon, API Support
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:22 PM
  • Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for your reply. I did exactly what you said but it didn't work. I continue getting same error.

I tried the example given @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540196.aspx changing the accountId and other authentication info. The same code didn't work for me.

I am now going to open a support ticket as you suggested. Lets see if they have a solution. But thank you anyway...

- dyutiman
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:07 AM
  • Hi,
    One more thing...
    I could not find the page where from I can open a support ticket. On Microsoft Support page Adcenter API is not listed for support.

Is there any particular page from where I have to open the ticket.

please help....

- dyutiman
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:33 AM
  • Please contact your Microsoft Search representative, generally the person who created your API logins, and they can explain how to create a support ticket. Or post your email address here, and someone will be in touch. In general, we will need your full SOAP request and response.

Jeff Dillon, API Support
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Sorry, I'm confused by the changes with Authentication.

Is the documentation out of date?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc148893.aspx

CustomerAccountId
    Contains the account identifier. For more information, see Account and Customer Identifiers.
    This element is not currently used and should be null.

CustomerId
    Contains the customer identifier. For more information, see Account and Customer Identifiers.
    This element is not currently used and should be null.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 12:30 PM
  • No, the documentation is correct, and what is mentioned applies only to the Reporting service.

There is more information on the CustomerID here:

http://community.microsoftadvertising.com/blogs/api/archive/2009/09/29/information-on-customerid.aspx

Jeff Dillon, API Support
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:15 PM
  • Hi,

The CustomerAccountID is the same as the AccountID returned by GetAccounts. You can leave CustomerID null, unless you are calling the targeting libraries.

If you continue to get Authentication errors, please open a support ticket.

Jeff Dillon, API Support

This is what I'm looking for, Many thanks to your description!
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:52 AM