class Test
        {
            public string Name;
            public Test(string s)
            {
                Name = s;
            }
        }

static IList<Test> Items = new List<Test>(); static void Main(string[] args) { Items.Add(new Test("AB")); Items.Add(new Test("bc")); Items.Add(new Test("CD")); IList<string> list = new List<string>(); foreach (Test s in Items) { list.Add(s.Name); } }

Sunday, August 25, 2013 10:45 PM

Answers

• Hi PARTITION;

To do what you want remove the following line of code

IList<string> list = new List<string>();

And then add this line of code

IList<string> list = Items.Select( n => n.Name ).ToList();

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi PARTITION;

To do what you want remove the following line of code

IList<string> list = new List<string>();

And then add this line of code

IList<string> list = Items.Select( n => n.Name ).ToList();

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:38 AM
  •   

Did this answered your question? 

Fernando (MCSD)

Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:28 AM