Mutliple ASP.Net applications - Architecture question RRS feed

• Question

• User-800224740 posted

I am building one "Admin" application/portal that will manage portal level administration tasks. Items such as markets, regions, applications and user registrations.

We have about 4/5 other applications that are going to be on this portal. Each application uses the portal level database tables to manage roles, markets and user registrations.

What would be the best way to setup our applications in IIS and ASP.Net so that they can leverage the portal application for the "Shared" admin functions, such as user registration. But then stand on their own for their respective functions. Once the user "logs in" via the Admin portal, we want to them be able to flow into their respective authorized application without any further need to "Register" to that application. I am potentially thinking about deploying the portal app and the applications into one virtual directory and pool in IIS? This would hopefully allow the portal app and standalone apps to share some minor details via session.

Any help/ideas would be more than welcome.

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:47 PM

All replies

• User1689970273 posted

I am not sure if you want a common architecture for logging, authentication and authorization and redirect it to the proper application. Basing from your question, it seems you want to manage and share the portal level access across your 5 applications which has user login, user registration, forgot password, editing profile, etc.  In this case, you're best scenario is to use a customize asp.net Identity Framework. Imagine one authentication level but different application registered... facebook, gmail, etc. The same concept will be applied to your objective above.

Hope this helps.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 10:57 PM