Boolean If Statement Question RRS feed

• Question

• User-1269234728 posted

Hi Guys,

I have some code that I'm trying to get to work correctly...        

I 'm not sure if the boolean if statement is the right choice for what I'm trying to accomplish???  I need to be able to assign "True" (doSomething) And Also to "False" (doSomething) 

My Code is listed below can you please take a look... Thank You...

Session("LittleHelper") = lblMessage1.Text

Dim Freeone As String = "True"  ' This sets the condition - (True or False)

Dim b As Boolean

If b = "True" Then
                                                 ' Want this to fire if ((True)) 
                             Session("LittleHelper") = AutoTitle.text.Trim().Replace(" ", string.Empty) + lblMessage4.Text

else

b = "False"
                                                ' Want this to  fire if ((False)) 
                             Session("LittleHelper") = AutoTitle.text.Trim().Replace(" ", string.Empty) + "45"

End If

Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:48 PM

Answers

• User-1440976047 posted

Hi,

I could understand your query in two ways.

First way:

Dim b As Boolean
    If b = True Then 'since b is declared as boolean,  directly use b=true instead of b="true"
       ' Want this to fire if ((True))
        Session("LittleHelper") = AutoTitle.text.Trim().Replace(" ", string.Empty) + lblMessage4.Text
    else
        b = False
        ' Want this to  fire if ((False))
        Session("LittleHelper") = AutoTitle.text.Trim().Replace(" ", string.Empty) + "45"
    End If

Second way:

Dim b As Boolean

If b = Convert.ToBoolean(Freeone) Then 'since freeone is declared as string, you need to convert to boolean
        ' Want this to fire if ((True))
    else
         b = "False"
         ' Want this to  fire if ((False))
    End If

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:18 PM