Please I can't change Windows Developer Preview's email address...I have tried going to Users acct and changing the credentials but it doesn't fix

Question

• When I installed Windows Developer Preview two days ago I hastily added an email that wasn't current. They said I could change it later. I went to windows live through Essentials/movie maker and signed into an alternate win/live/hotmail acct and changed the default email address but my Computer still insists that I sign in and wants me to use the original still? Please I can't change the systems email address...I have tried going to Users acct and changing the credentials but it doesn't fix>?

Now every time I try to <log on/ start it> it says I failed to sign in. and fills in the wrong address and wants me to give the passcode but I ofcourse can't find a code to go with that acct... does it want the pass for that acct ? to sign IT in? IDK... please help =|    
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:59 PM

Answers

• I re-installed the disk the yesterday. a couple of times, just checkin it out, it worked better as an upgrade in my system than as a standalone installer but my system is quirky. Thank you for the reply though=.) I have been having some other problems but not with the logon anymore... they got me all hooked up...It is so strange to have a direct line to microsoft on me but it's kinda cool too=.) (I am Windows 8)
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:36 PM

All replies

• I suggest you create a local account and log in with that new local account.
    Then go into Users and delete the Windows Live account from users.
    Next, create a user account with a current Windows Live account and see if you are able to log in
    with the current Windows Live account.

Please reply back with an update and let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Friday, October 14, 2011 12:11 AM
  • I re-installed the disk the yesterday. a couple of times, just checkin it out, it worked better as an upgrade in my system than as a standalone installer but my system is quirky. Thank you for the reply though=.) I have been having some other problems but not with the logon anymore... they got me all hooked up...It is so strange to have a direct line to microsoft on me but it's kinda cool too=.) (I am Windows 8)
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:36 PM