none
MSDN Website translation popups RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I dont know where else I could post this question/request:

This is about all MSDN web pages and the translation popups.

As a developer I am used to read english documentation. When I switch to original text at least I now get that.

But marking or pointing with the mouse on text makes the text unreadable because german translation popups lay themselves over the text I like to read.

Sorry to say but I get mad of this. I dont want popups with bad german translation of technical information when I decide to read the english original. Psychologically I force myself to not use the  mouse at all when I read MSDN lib pages.

Hope You offer a way to switch off this behaviour.

Regards

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• What browser are you using? And exactly what page are you experiencing this translation experience on?

I could be wrong, but I've never heard of translation popups before, and I dont think Microsoft's websites are causing your experience.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

this is not a browser issue. This is a really annoying "feature" of the MSDN library.

It is always in the way and looks like that:

More about that here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/translate/hh856053

Chris

Code Samples: Code Samples
    Chrigas Blog: Chrigas Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:03 PM
  • Thank you, Chris, thousand times!

... for supporting my request/critic.

The simple problem is: Nobody at MS or in english speaking world knows about those popups because you always read the original ... you dont need a translation!

Switch your PC/Windows to another Language and try it ... , though I think you should better not, because you will get as mad as I got.

And probably nobody at MS ist testing this feature that is probably coming from te marketing office. Or its only tested superficially by people who ont even understand the orginal text.

So as I posted something like this already a year or more ago, I am still at hope for a solution. My best solution now is to kill the german MSDN help in my VS 2012 and install the english locally.

All this is probably the contrary of what MS wants.

Greets

Martin

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:29 PM
  • The best solution I found so far, is to set the MSDN language manually. But I have to do this again and again (it is still annoying):

Chris

Code Samples: Code Samples
    Chrigas Blog: Chrigas Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:41 AM